Commercial espresso machine (back-flush)
- Replace the coffee basket from the portafilter with a blind filter.
- Spray Ka-Kleen™ generously onto the blind filter and insert the portafiler into the group head.
- Activate the brewing cycle for 15 seconds and stop for 10 seconds.
- Repeat the above process 2 to 3 times.
- Remove the portafilter and rinse.
- Repeat step 3 without Ka-Kleen™ 1 to 2 times to ensure that all the coffee build-up and the oil residue is removed. Rinse and replace the blind filter with the regular basket.
- Brew a shot of espresso to re-season the portafilter and the group.
Cleaning the portafilter and filters basket the group head and the shower screen.
- Remove the porta filter, generously spray Ka-Kleen™ and rub the product into the filter with a cleansing pad and rinse.
- For the filter basket just spray and rub with your hand then rinse. (Yes it’s that easy!)
- For the group head, spray Ka-Kleen™ directly into the head and use the specially designed group cleaning brush to remove residue around the seal surface. Run the hot water to remove the oil and residue out of the group sides and surfaces. Then just wipe with a wet cloth.
- Insert the portafilter into the group head, run the water and start jiggling the portafilter to rinse any coffee or oil residue around the shower screen and the group head.
- For best results repeat 2 to 3 times.
- To clean the shower screen remove the part from the group head and apply Ka-Kleen™ onto the screen then just brush and rinse.
Cleaning Coffee brewers
Ka-Kleen ™ is good to use on all types of coffee brewers both commercial and residential. It will remove oil residue and effectively descale empty tanks and brewer components.
- Place empty filter inside the brew basket and spray Ka-Kleen™ generously.
- Apply 5 to 6 squirts into tank then fill it with hot water.
- Run the brewer. This will clean both the brewers and servers simultaneously. Empty pot and rinse well.